With the top customer review ratings in the industry, a larger number of cryptocurrency offerings than any other Bitcoin IRA provider, it's no wonder Regal Assets is the top-rated Bitcoin IRA company. Join Regal Assets. The initial setup fees are waived for a limited time only.
BitIRA has been founded by the team from Birch Gold Group, one of America's leading precious metals companies. The staff comes with over 100 years of investing experience and handles the heavy lifting for customers. BitIRA's custodian providers include large household names like Fidelity, Edward Jones and Merrill Lynch. BitIRA allows customers to invest in digital assets quickly and safely.
NobleBitcoin.com is backed by a great reputation in the precious metals industry, thanks to Noble Gold Investments, its parent company. Noble Bitcoin aims to provide an acute understanding of what it means to own digital currencies in a rocky economy. An in-house approach to security and a top-notch reputation for serving customers makes Noble Bitcoin a top IRA provider.
BitcoinIRA.com is recognized as the first-ever full-service Bitcoin IRA solution that allows customers to invest in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum Classic as part of a diversified retirement portfolio. The low $3,000 minimum deposit requirement makes it accessible to beginners. Check out our full review.
Coin IRA was founded in 2017 as a business subsidiary of Goldco and has quickly become one of the nation’s leaders in providing investors with cryptocurrency retirement account services. Coin IRA was one of the first companies in the United States to offer investors the ability to invest in Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum to help grow their retirement assets.
We evaluated all of the top Bitcoin IRA companies in the industry and found the top five options available to investors after carefully considering a number of factors including: minimum deposit requirements, fees, customer ratings & reviews, digital assets available for investing and more. The five best bitcoin IRA companies are Regal Assets, BitcoinIRA, BitIRA, CoinIRA and NobleBitcoin.
In this guide, we will review all of the most important information relating to Bitcoin IRAs, and every detail about the companies that administer them.
Top Bitcoin IRA Investing Tips
As an asset class, Bitcoin is still new to the investing scene. But a lot of the sage advice investment companies give relating to traditional investments still applies. Here’s a quick highlight of what to look for:
- Diversify the asset mix in your Bitcoin IRA, just like in a traditional IRA.
- Make sure your provider is committed to cold storage security backed by adequate and comprehensive insurance.
- Choose a Bitcoin IRA rated highly by third-party consumer watchdogs.
- Consider Bitcoin IRA investing within the scope of a broader, robust investment strategy.
Some General IRA Tips
Almost anyone can put money into an IRA. As long as you are receiving and claiming taxable income and you’re under the age of 70 1/2. Whether or not your contributions are tax-deductible depends on your income and whether or not you have access to a work related retirement account. Here are some of the guidelines:
- If you’re under the age of 70 1/2 and you don’t have a retirement plan through work, you can deduct every dollar you put into your IRA from your taxes up to whatever the government’s annual contribution limit is. If you have a spouse that doesn’t work, they can also invest up to the annual limit and deduct the full amount.
- If you have a 401(k) or other kind of retirement plan through work, your contribution is fully deductible only if your adjusted gross income is less than $61,000 as an individual, or $98,000 combined for married couples.
- If you have a retirement plan at work, the deduction for IRA contributions is completely phased out if your annual gross income is more than $118,000 for a married couple filing together, more than $71,000 for an individual, or more than $10,000 for a married person filing separately.
- If you don’t have a retirement plan at work but you have a spouse that does, your contributions are tax-deductible if you make less than $184,000 a year. If you make more than $194,000 a year, those deductions are completely out of the question.
If you have any more questions about how investing in a Bitcoin IRA affects you from a tax standpoint, contact your accountant or get in touch with the IRS.
More on Choosing the Right Bitcoin IRA
Bitcoin launched in 2008. It’s now been around for more than 11 years! In contrast, Bitcoin IRAs are still a relatively new phenomenon. The most trusted IRA providers in this particular area of investing all started out in the precious metals business. They’re now adding digital gold to their offerings. Seeing an opportunity to profit now that Bitcoin is a mainstream buzzword.
Experience managing investments is certainly a strong consideration for investors looking to buy into a space that is still very much in the early stages of its existence. Dealing with a staff that knows what they’re doing is arguably the most important factor. At the end of the day, these IRA companies are businesses and businesses are only as good as the people that run them. Keep that in mind when trying to choose the right Bitcoin IRA option.
Securing and Investing in Bitcoin
Along with investing experience being a top priority, so is the need for security. Anybody investing in more traditional instruments like precious metals, stocks, mutual funds, real estate or even brick & mortar businesses probably take security and safety for granted to some extent. One of the fundamental hurdles cryptocurrency investors must get around in their first exposure to Bitcoin is overcoming the idea that cryptocurrencies empower the individual to become their own bank. Bitcoin’s public network doesn’t come with an IT support desk or investment advisor.
Thus, part of the reason investors might choose to work with a Bitcoin IRA company is that they want the best of both worlds. They want access to a democratic system for building wealth, but they want a third party to share in the responsibility of securing that wealth. They also want to write off their investment in Bitcoin against their income, and they’re willing to pay a fee to have their digital currency retirement journey managed for them.
That’s why protecting digital assets in cold storage is something anybody investing in Bitcoin IRAs looks for in this day and age. Keeping digital assets in cold storage means keeping them off of the Internet, and it’s the industry standard. All of the companies we reviewed offer this. Each has their own unique approach but the goal is the same. The bottom line is, with where society is in its understanding of digital asset investing at the moment, any company that keeps Bitcoin IRAs connected to the Internet is likely scamming the public.
Keeping each of these tidbits in mind is important. But of course, in a free market society where every player is fighting tooth and nail to earn the business of retirement-focused investors, companies will try to separate themselves from one another by making their offerings unique and positioning their advantages over the competition.
It can be difficult to break them all down yourself. Get the meat and potatoes of it all below and choose the best Bitcoin IRA option for you. Your retirement dreams depend on it!
Many of the companies reviewed here possess at least a few years of experience offering Bitcoin-friendly IRAs to investors, but Regal Assets is the respected grandfather. The company offers the world’s first Alternative Asset IRA for Bitcoin and all other major cryptocurrencies.
Below are some of the highlights.
- Free rollover kit: call the company’s customer support line or fill out a web form with basic contact details and learn how to rollover your cryptocurrency IRA.
- A wide-ranging cryptocurrency portfolio: Regal assets offers 10 different cryptocurrencies to choose from including: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin SV, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Ripple, Stellar Lumens and Zcash. With more options than any other IRA provider, investors can customize their digital asset mix to their heart’s content.
- Perfect customer ratings: the Better Business Bureau gives Regal Assets a rare A+ rating. Google rates the company a 5 out of 5 stars. Even Business Consumer Alliance and TrustLink provide a five-star rating. Investors combing through reviews online would be hard-pressed to find even a single investor saying anything negative about Regal Assets. The customer feedback speaks for itself.
Read the full Regal Assets review.
BitcoinIRA offers a full range of IRA services. Associates can help rollover a traditional or Roth IRA. You can invest in Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin and Ripple.
Here’s what BitcoinIRA has to offer:
- Full-service investment advice: this includes expert consultations, rollover services, and access to traditional and Roth IRAs.
- Price charts: BitcoinIRA shows investors the price of Bitcoin and Ethereum in real time right on their website. Every time investors check in they know exactly what’s going on.
- Online IRA transferring: set up your IRA rollover in as little as five minutes. It’s easy to do and investors can do it right from their own computer.
- The BitGo wallet: BitGo offers three layers of security and is the custodian behind Bitfinex, one of the largest exchanges in the cryptocurrency industry.
- Digital info kit: for a comprehensive guide to Bitcoin IRA investing, you don’t need to speak to an advisor. Just provide your email address and download the e-book.
BitIRA’s name might be similar to BitcoinIRA, but they are two different brands owned by two different companies. Keep that in mind. BitIRA is owned by Birch Gold Group and was founded in 2017.
BitIRA’s pricing model isn’t exactly the easiest to understand, meaning certain fees and charges might come as a surprise. However the company is still young relative to other competitors and steadily gaining market share.
Here’s what you need to know about BitIRA.
- Solid Security: the company’s IRAs promise ‘end-to-end’ insurance with multiple multi-signature wallets held in different vaults.
- Government Registration: accounts are fully registered so customers receive any tax benefits.
- Full-Service Support: knowledgeable digital asset specialists guide customers through transactions. IRA experts are also available for any questions related to contributions or tax deductions. BitIRA offers ongoing transaction assistance and transparent invoicing.
Coin IRA possesses one clear advantage over the competition. It’s associated with a gold company that at least somewhat well-known across the United States. The name of that company is Goldco. Their cryptocurrency IRA offering provides a limited selection of coins including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Ripple. The company also maintains the lowest customer ratings of any IRA review written on this site. Still, there are few key benefits to choosing Coin IRA:
- Cold Storage: like many of their competitors, Coin IRA stores assets off-line in multi-layered security systems. In addition, they allow customers to set up a personal password on top of all of that.
- No Withdrawal Fees: after the age of 59, customers don’t have to pay to take funds out of their IRA. No other IRA provider offers this.
- Several Retirement Account Types: in addition to offering customers the ability to open an IRA, other account type options available including 401(k), 403(b), SEP and TSP to name a few.
NobleBitcoin doesn’t quite have enough of a reputation to rank as the very best IRA option on our list. It does come very close though. Like Coin IRA and Regal Assets, the executive team at NobleBitcoin offers tons of precious metals experience.
See more about what NobleBitcoin has to offer below.
- Cold Storage: offering to store digital assets offline is the industry standard when it comes to IRA investing. In addition to a customer’s transactions being registered on the blockchain however, NobleBitcoin stores keys in physical depositories.
- Great customer ratings: The company has an A rating on the Better Business Bureau website and a 5-star rating on Trustlink.com, a leading consumer awareness site.
- Internal Custodianship: NobleBitcoin provides its own secure custodian service, meaning there’s no need to share assets with a third party service.
So Which Bitcoin IRA Provider is the Best?
Choosing the best Bitcoin IRA provider is a matter of personal preference. Investors who want to deal with an IRA company that comes from the traditional precious metals world will automatically eliminate certain competitors. Those that go with our best-rated option and don’t want to do any further research will just pick Regal Assets.
It’s not necessarily an easy decision to make. Investors have to consider their particular retirement goals, the life stage they are in and which provider offers them the best customer service. Don’t be afraid to call each provider over the phone and ask questions. Test the first-hand knowledge of the customer support team and ask to see all the terms and conditions. Ask about fees. Consider asking friends and family familiar with Bitcoin investing what they think about including it as part of a retirement plan.
Definitely don’t rush to make a decision. At the end of the day each of these companies are in business to make sales, but there’s no rush. Bitcoin isn’t going anywhere. Neither are any of the other cryptocurrencies these companies are offering to the public.
All that being said. If you are going to do your own due diligence, start with Regal Assets. The company is endorsed by celebrities. They’ve been into cryptocurrency IRAs for as long if not longer than any other provider in this comparison. Regal Assets’ customer reviews rank first in class.
No matter which company you choose, pat yourself on the back for wanting to invest in a Bitcoin IRA. Many retirement-focused investors still think Bitcoin is a joke. However a long-term investment in a platform that democratizes wealth will have you laughing all the way to the bank in the long run.